Hamburg Central School District
Department of Technology
"Pursuing Excellence Through Partnership"
Union Pleasant Elementary School/Room 136
150 Pleasant Ave.
Hamburg, NY 14075-4828
(716) 646-3280, ext. 4136
FAX: (716) 646-5435
Director of Technology/Chief Information Officer
Jan Stephan, Secretary
Karin Best, Microcomputer Decision Support Specialist
James Barber, Microcomputer Technical Support Specialist
Lori Danison, Microcomputer Technical Support Specialist
Patricia Antonik, Microcomputer Repair Technician
Building Technology Support
Boston Valley Elementary
Charlotte Avenue Elementary
Union Pleasant Elementary
Hamburg Middle School
Hamburg High School
In the Hamburg Central School District, technology will be used to enhance instruction, strengthen communication, and increase efficiency of operations while providing opportunities for students and staff to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the 21st century.
Technology Vision Statement
The Hamburg Central School District will provide the technology resources and support necessary to assure that all students will meet the New York State (N.Y.S.) Learning Standards and become self-directed, self-motivated, and lifelong learners. Teachers will increasingly be facilitators of student learning through proficient use of learning technologies. Teachers will incorporate high quality information resources in their teaching strategies to address multiple learning styles, to motivate and engage students, and to support student exploration and growth.
Technology Belief Statements
- Allow students to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to function in an information society.
- Assist in developing life-long learners who will achieve or exceed the N.Y.S. Learning Standards.
- Be integrated into all areas of the curriculum.
- Provide opportunities for students of various learning styles and abilities.
- Be provided equitably with regard to hardware, software and Internet access
- Support ongoing staff development opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for staff to utilize new and emerging technologies that enhance teaching and learning.
- Enable active communication between the school and community by providing a means of access to program descriptions, school activities, and student information.
- Be used to enhance organizational efficiency.