Parent Teacher Student Association
What is PTSA?
- The largest child advocacy volunteer association in America.
- A non-profit education organization seeking to unite home, school and community on behalf of children and youth.
- Coordinates programs statewide on behalf of children and youth.
- Represented on state committees and commissions dealing with children and youth.
- Organizes volunteer leaders to represent PTSA views in local, state and national legislatures.
- Works tirelessly for the education, health and safety of all children.
- Non-commercial, non-sectarian and non-partisan: It does not endorse commercial enterprises or political candidates.
The Mission of PTSA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
Goals of PTSA
2015-16 Hamburg Central PTSA Executive Board
Charlotte Avenue Elementary
Union Pleasant Elementary
In New York State, more than 385,000 parents, grandparents, teachers, students, caregivers, school and government officials belong! Anyone who cares about children can belong to PTSA. Membership in a local unit is all-inclusive and automatically gives you membership in the State and National PTSA. It also entitles you to a broad selection of programs and services that would otherwise be unavailable to local parent groups.
What Happens After I Join?
You alone determine what role you want to play in PTSA. Your choices range from becoming a member and seeing your membership fee help to improve the lives of our children, to getting involved in some of the programs, committees and activities that PTSA sponsors. School units generally hold PTSA meetings once a month, and welcome all members to participate and get involved depending on where their interests lie. The Hamburg Executive Board also holds meetings once a month. All PTSA members are welcome to attend.
What is PTSA All About?
- Reflections Program
- Annual Awards and Scholarships
- Educational Programs
- Reading Programs
- Campbell's Labels for Education
- Boxtops for Education
- Tops Register Tapes
- Homeroom Parents
- Teacher Appreciation
- Kids Voting
- Substance Abuse
- Special Education
- School Pictures
- Book Fairs
- Helping Hands
- Transportation and Safety
- And Much More!